Today’s special is Pizza Ghirlandaio, the pizza with the best red pepper spread ever! Spread Salsiamo on the base of your pizza and follow the preparation guidelines. What do you get?? A triumph of flavor, aroma and taste! Turn your meal into pure symphony! Cook a Pizza Ghirlandaio!
Prepare your pizza with Salsiamo al Peperone di nova
Here’s how making the perfect pizza with Salsiamo al peperone: red roasted pepper spread! Do you fancy it very creamy? Then spread Salsiamo al Peperone on the base of your pizza. Don’t worry, it’s a light cream. Put as much as you want!
Salsiamo has neither lactose, is gluten-free and does not contain any preservatives. It only contains the freshness of top quality selected peppers.
Let’s first prepare the dough!
For 5 people:
300 g “00” flour or Kamut, spelt or whole-wheat flour.
200 g “0” flour
300 g water
12 g fresh brewer’s yeast
1 tsp fine salt
½ tsp sugar
10 g extra virgin olive oil
For 5 people:
- In a bowl, mix the water with the sugar and the brewer’s yeast, until the yeast is fully melted.
- Add 10 g of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp of fine salt.
- Add the flour and start to knead. If you use Kamut flour, whole-wheat or spelt flour, knead as quickly as possible.
- Knead the mixture for 10 minutes, until it has become a soft dough ball.
- Cover the bowl with a clean odourless cloth. Let the mixture rest inside an oven (turned off), with the light on at 28-30 degrees. The dough will rise in approx. 2 hours.
- Sprinkle a clean work surface lightly with “0” flour
- Place dough on top and roll out using a rolling pin (the flour will stop the dough sticking).
- Fold the dough in three, turn it and repeat the operation twice. This will make the dough more elastic.
- Divide the dough into 5 parts and prepare 5 round pizzas. Each piece must weigh 180-200 g, depending on how thick you want your pizza to be.
- Once the dough has been rolled out you can put the toppings on and bake it.
- SalsiAmo – Pepper (Red Roasted Pepper spread)
- Mozzarella to taste
- Tropea onion to taste
- Vegetable Tempura to taste
- Work the cornice of the pizza by hands and brush the base with some oil;
- Spread Salsiamo al peperone over the base of the pizza;
- Season your Pizza with some Tropea onion;
- Now bake it in preheated oven at 250° for 7-8 minutes, using the central shelf;
- Add the mozzarella and bake again for 5-6 minutes;
- Now take your Pizza Ghirlandaio out of the oven adding some Salsiamo al Peperone to taste.
Enjoy your meal!
If you followed our recipe and liked it, take a picture of your Pizza and share it with the hashtags: #novaincucina or #novafunghi.
Join Nova mushrooms’ community!