Polenta is a typical dish of the northern regions of Italy and traditionally goes well with Porcini mushrooms. Have you ever tried to replace Porcini mushrooms with Nova borlotti beans? The result will be absolutely exceptional!
Polenta with borlotti beans
Rich in protein and with a delicate but intense taste, Polenta with Nova borlotti beans can be an excellent veggie second course to enjoy with your guests! It is not a famous dish, that’s why it guarantees a pleasant surprise effect.
Here’s the recipe of Polenta with borlotti beans:
Polenta with borlotti beans for 4 people:
- 250 g of borlotti beans;
- 1 small carrot;
- 1 sprig of rosemary;
- ½ onion;
- 300 ml of tomato sauce;
- 400 g of yellow corn flour;
- 5 l of water;
- coarse salt;
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- spicy oil (to taste)
Polenta with borlotti beans, here’s how to prepare it:
- Peel the carrot and cut it into cubes.
- Finely chop half onion.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
- Add carrot, onion and a sprig of rosemary.
- Now let the vegetables browning and then add 300 ml of tomato sauce.
- Add a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Now add Nova borlotti beans and let them cook until they become soften.
- Prepare polenta (you can use pre-cooked flour or corn flour). Pour the flour into boiling water and stir for 40 minutes.
- Put the polenta on a dish with a thin layer of sauce and season with plenty of sauce and beans.
- For those who like strong flavors, we recommend adding a dash of spicy oil on top.
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like our recipe “Polenta with Borlotti beans”? Take a picture of your dish and share it with the hashtags: #novaincucina or #novafunghi. Join Nova community!
Do you wanna check all the other Nova funghi’s recipes out? Click here and find out your favourite one!