How many of you love risotto with radicchio? Well, if you are on this page, you definitely like it… at least a little!
Are you really sure you know all the correct steps to cook a perfect risotto with radicchio?
No problem. Keep reading and you’ll discover the perfect recipe!
Risotto with radicchio with Nova Salsiamo
The importance of the raw material of risotto with radicchio.
The quality of the raw material makes the difference in the kitchen. The difference, for example, between a good and an exquisite dish.
How do you choose the best raw material? You rely on a trustworthy greengrocer so that you know exactly the origin of all products, or instead you use products such as nova’s, whose quality is guaranteed and certified! Products under the nova brand are subject to various types of checks to guarantee the final consumer.
Salsiamo al radicchio- radicchio cream
Salsiamo al radicchio-radicchio cream is made with selected top quality radicchio.
With Salsiamo your meals become creamy, quick to be prepared, tasty and healthy. Salsiamo products are gluten-free, allergen-free, GMO-free and contain no lactose.
Risotto with radicchio for 4 people
– 320 g of husked- rice (Vialone nano) or superfine (Carnaroli, Arborio)
– 110 g of butter (60 g for the sauté and 50 g for the creaming process. Replace the butter with the margarine for those who are lactose intolerant)
– 1 shallot (or a small onion, if you prefer a stronger flavour)
– 1l vegetable broth (if you have time use celery, carrot and onion, otherwise use a vegetable stock cube)
– 1 small glass of dry white wine
– A 140g packet of Salsiamo al radicchio or a 800g packet of Salsiamo al radicchio (you will need about 1/3 of the content)
– Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (only for those who are not lactose intolerant)
– Salt to taste.
– Pepper to taste.
Risotto with radicchio, here’s how to prepare:
– Chop the vegetables (celery and onion) into small pieces.
– Wash the carrots very well and then chop them.
– Now put all the chopped vegetables in a pot adding also some cold water.
– Bring it to a boil on a light flame and then leave to cook for 20 minutes. Do not add salt.
– Using a large pan, melt 60 g of butter.
– Mince the shallot and add it to the pan with the melted butter.
– Let the shallot dry until it becomes transparent.
– Add the rice, raise the flame and let it toast well.
– Now mix everything using a spoon, until the rice grains are toasted.
– Blend the rice with a small glass of dry white wine and let it evaporate.
– Lower the fire, the flame must be medium.
– Add some hot broth. It should be added a little at a time so that the risotto is neither too dry nor covered with liquid.
– Season with salt and pepper.
– Continuously stir your risotto until the rice grains are ready for creaming.
– Now add Salsiamo al radicchio, 50 g of butter and grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for creaming your risotto .
– While creaming, vigorously mix your risotto, through rotating and fast movements. In this way you will stimulate the release of starch by the rice grains, making your meal even more creamy.
Your risotto with radicchio is now ready to be served.
There’s only one thing missing at the table: a good wine for this delicious meal.
Below some wines recommended by our sommelier.
Our sommelier recommends
Risotto with radicchio, here are the recommended wines:
The strong and slightly bitter flavour of risotto with radicchio must be combined to the right wine.
Our sommelier recommends these excellent white wines:
– Orvieto DOC
– White Sannio DOC Taburno,
– White Galluccio DOC
– Lison Pramaggiore Malbech DOC
– Collio Pinot Grigio DOC
Choose your favourite wine and…
Enjoy your meal!
Did you like our recipe “Risotto with radicchio with Nova Salsiamo”? Take a picture of your dish and share it with the hashtags: #novaincucina or #novafunghi. Join Nova community!
Do you wanna check all the other Nova funghi’s recipes out? Click here and find out your favourite one!